The answers to these questions below, you may find helpful in your preparation for Zhangjiajie tours. Take a look as a reference.
1 What info do I need provide to join in Zhangjiajie insider tours.Please let us know your arrival and departure info ( the more detailed,the better, if don't have,inform sooner or later after you get it..)
(such as: 1 Date or time spot,(the exact your flight or train No.)2 Location (For pick up and dropoff)...(With this info, we will make your time fully perform by designing a perfect itinerary which can provide the max tour value. then you can be at ease and free from organizing a deficient and awkward tour experience by yourself due to lacking of the info and picture of the travel destination. )
How many people in this group totally.
(The tour price is based on the No.of participant. Inform us the No.of adult,Kid,Senior)
How is the status of this group?
(1 Relationship between participant, 2 Physical Level(low,average,moderate,high),3 Any disease or other personal situations that may impact this tour.)
What you would like our tour to be?
( Easy&Relaxing, Hiking, Adventurous, Photography, Luxury Vacation,or more details )
How much luggage do you have for this tour?
(It will impact the size of the private van(If decide to hire one),or the possibility to travel with other types of transportation.Suggestion: Travel as light as possible is always the principle. It would make the tour more convenient and easy)
Is there anything from your side we should pay attention to culturally?
(Such as: Food taboo, things of allergy.Any religious issue that need to be seen sensitively)
Any questions or other requirements on this tour?
2 How to officially confirm a tour with Zhangjiajie insider tours.
* Please send all the tour participants' passport info to us containing:
You can type it (Double check it to make sure no mistake) or send the photo of that very page of the passport.Also please bear in mind:The passport info you provide have to match the one you bring into China.)
Notice:(1) With it, some tickets can be booked in advance, it will make us avoid lining-up at ticket window for purchase in cash in busy season. It's time saving.
(2) We need to register your passport info into the local tourism system,then the guide can guide you legally by printing an official travel document approved by the Zhangjiajie Tourism Bureau,while with it, you will be provided with an particular insurance for traveling in Zhangjiajie by the local government.But bewared that the insurance's coverage and claim is limited, so you still need to take out a main travel insurance in your country sufficiently covering the general situations that may occur in travel. Hints as: expense for medical needs, injury, repatriation and evacuation (of course, the more coverage, the better.)
* Tour Deposit Transfer.
A small amount of tour deposit is needed for this tour as common practice. We will use it to prepay the car and reserve the guide's availability,which is a cost beforehand. After its arrival, the tour is confirmed offically,the guide and driver will remain available and reject other tours traveling in the same dates. and the balance could be supposed to be paid upon arrival in cash.
3 What do I need to have & pack for Zhangjiajie tours.
*Purchase A Travel Insurance（Very Important)
First,it's very important.Traveling is fun, but sometimes it’s also risky with uncertainties. so travel insurance is neccessary covering personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and evacuation expenses (the more coverage, the better). It is preferable that your insurance also covers cancellation, loss of luggage/personal effects and personal liability although this is not mandatory. it will benefit both sides of us. Thanks.
*Do a good tour preparation
Physically and mentally prepared: Take care of yourself,Keep fit with exercise,and be happy everyday.
Travel Item Prepared:(Here below is the list you may find useful as a reference)
----------------------------------------------------Tour Item List------------------------------------------------------
* A Big Backpack---For Everything. An appropriate sized backpack would be definitely much more preferable than a suitcase. we strongly recommend you travel with backpack so that you can free your hands and legs. but if the tour is easy, not a backpacker style, it would be OK traveling with suitcases.
* A Small Backpack---For each day activities, you may put snacks, T-shirts, camera in it. Tour lightly, Leave your big ones in the hotel or guesthouse.
*Backup Mobile with China Sim Card-- It would be very convenient to have a Chinese No. for contacting the guide and driver, so if possible, prepare a simple mobile for the trip when arrive in China,then get a Chinese Sim Card. If no backup mobile,at least,download The App:1 "Whatsapp" for instant contact (My whatsapp is +8613367438423 but in China, it's not very stable sometimes.). so Download and use the App "Wechat" it's much easier for contacting since it's the most popularly and universally used App in China. Every Chinese is connected by it,Add: ericbendenny---yon can find me)
* Self-identification---Never forget to take your passport, visas, related health certificates, and prepare some copies for your important materials.
* Camera and extra batteries---For recording the happy moments.
*Water-proof Stuff---It’s needed in rainy or snowy days, such as raincoat, water-proof jacket, umbrella, and some plastic bags for your camera and other important stuff.
* A Medical Kit---Prepare some medicines for common diseases ( such as Carsick, headache, sore throat, cough, flu, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, insect stings, etc.) and some ace bandages, sun cream, band-aids, antiseptic for injuries and repellents for insects.
* Good hiking shoes---For comfortable walking in attractions
*Jackets, Dry-fast shirts and pants, scarfs, socks, head-wears and your own towel---For changing and personal use during the tour.
* A flashlight, a sleeping bag and sheet---For countryside nightstay if have this part in the tour.
* Conversion plugs---It’s 220v, 50hz AC throughout China.If differen from your mother country, just buy one.
* Portable Power Bank---For charging mobile phone and other appliances when yours is out of power.
* Money pouch or belt---For keeping your passport, money. Safer than a wallet.
* Pictures of family---For the time you have homesick, when at physically hard time in hiking, it would be your power source. In addition, it’s also a good way to interact with locals by telling the stories about your lovely family.
* Fork&spoon---If you are not used to chopstick,you can prepare a set.
* An easy and strong heart---To enjoy and experience Eric's tours.
4 Is internet available when I’m on a tour?
you can use internet Through Wifi or 4G via your mobile phone, Laptop or pad at any time as long as there is a signal, it’s quite convenient, but you will find it's impossible to log in Google, facebook, Youtube neither on PC nor mobile.. Don't get confused, 'cause it's blocked by the Chinese government.and you need to get a VPN to make them work.
5 Do you provide travel insurance?
You will be provided with an particular insurance for traveling in Zhangjiajie by the local government.But bewared that the insurance's coverage and claim is limited, so we requires you purchase a travel insurance sufficient to cover expense for medical needs, injury, repatriation and evacuation (of course, the more coverage, the better.) in your home country before departure. If you don’t handle travel insurance, you will not be accepted as a participant and the tour deposit will not be refunded. And travelers must have the capacity to select a trip appropriate to their abilities, heath levels and interests. Since a lot of destinations we offer or recommend are unexplored yet, it’s reasonable to have some hidden risks. In this case, please take out the travel insurance.
6 Can I book my own hotel since I'd like to choose my own.
Yeah, actually, most of our tours are only including guide, private car, entry ticket,excluding hotel and meal, so you can book it online by your own, but bear in mind that since you lack of the whole picture of the traveling area, and may not have any idea about the distance or location between scenic spots and hotels, so please finalize the tour itinerary with the local tour expert first, then book the hotel after tour plan settled, it will avoid detour situation and guarantee an efficient tour experience with high value. you know,the wrong hotel location really makes the tour go in a very awkward way besides wasting money and time unnecessarily on detours. In this case, we suggest "settle the itinerary first with us,then book the hotel accordingly based on the tour plan agreed".A list of highly rated hotel with great location will be sent to you as reference afterwards. or you send us the hotel name, we may check it if it fits the itinerary.
7 What currency do Chinese use?Is my credit card accepted?
In China, people use RMB.(CNY), Other currencies is not circulating in the market. When on a tour, paying things in cash is the common practice in shopping. (For nowadays, it's popular to very popular and convenient to pay via Wechat Pay and Alipay,but for travelers, this method is not available so far
Speaking of credit cards, the Bank of China nowadays accepts Master, American Express, Dynasty, Visa, JCB, and Diners Club cards, you may use these cards to withdraw cash over at exchange counter or ATM. But you can make purchases or pay bills at large department stores, restaurants and hotels in more than 100 major cities of China.8
8 What is the voltage for electrical appliance in China?
The electricity supply is 220v, 50hz AC throughout China. To make sure that you could use or recharge your electrical stuff wherever in China, you are suggested to buy an adapter or conversion plugs before coming to China if you use different one in your country.
9 Can I pay the full amount via Paypal.
The reason we only ask for a small deposit via paypal is because Paypal surcharges the money reciever in a big way according to the policy for Chinese Users. the rule is (3.9%*the total amount+0.3USD). so actually, The deposit of 60USD, I will lose 2.94USD only recieve 57.04USD,but it's acceptable amount on my side, if it's 1000USD,we will lose 39USD (268CNY) on the paypal Part. If I want to transfer the tour money to my bank. it's 35USD per deal. The bank service fee 12USD.So totally for 1000USD,we will lose 39+35+12=86USD(584CNY),It's a very big loss on my side. so after the explanation, you may know what the deposit is small and not ask the tour participant to transfer the full amount.If you don't want to carry the cash of big amount, the common practice is: When reach the destination, find "ATM of Bank Of China,or go to the counter of it",withdraw the tour money with Your VISA or Master Card. it's very convenient. It works well.